Selling the Ideal Community


 In my midterm paper for Materialism and Idealism I outlined my ideal community. Among many of the unique and attractive features of this community, were the methods of land conservation. The community takes great pains to have sustainable agriculture as well as sustainable logging.  I believe that the way to galvanize people into rallying around my ideal community is by starting to live the lifestyle that my community is based on slowly acquire a group of friends and similarly minded people that will take up residence in the town. Once the town has enough people in it to have the subculture necessary the community can grow faster by going on TV and writing books about how great it is to live in a community that values a simple sustainable lifestyle.
The difficulties I would face is selling my utopian community would be that at this point it is almost impossible to live a simple lifestyle and still enjoy modern comforts. If the world ran out of Oil, or if we had a disaster worse than the great depression, my community would not face the same challenges that it does today.

No comments:

Post a Comment